Sahara Group Limited, Nigeria welcomes applications for the vacant job position of IT Business Application Supervisor at its Egbin Power station.
Sahara Group is known for its leading international infrastructure and energy operating in more than 38 countries cutting across Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
The company operates One of the greatest inclusion to the electricity generation in Nigeria, whish is the Egbin Power Plc in Lagos. It is also seen as one of the biggest Sub-Saharan Africa’s single generating power station built with the aim of meeting the ever-rising electricity demand in Lagos city and its surrounding towns.
Sahara Group through the Sahara Power Group took part in the privatization exercise in Nigeria and acquired the Egbin Power Plant which has 1320 MW installed capacity. This is one of the benefits of its power division and sundry affiliations. Within the next 5 years of operation, the company is aiming at providing not less than 5,000 MW of electricity generation.
Job Title: IT Business Application Supervisor
Job Location: Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Experienced
Job Responsibilities and Key Duties
The successful candidate for the position of IT Business Application Supervisor is responsible for the following
- Provide management and oversight on all Business Applications
- Examine the users’ needs so as to provide proactive service and support. This also involves analysis of opportunities so as to maximize the advantage of the tools available.
- The central point for the communication of related system problems and collaborates with vendors and other teams on fixes, changes, and updates within the organization.
- Controls the process of release of applications that includes efficient end user and department-wide communication
- Development of relevant measures, metrics and publishes how the services provided are performing and collaborate and enables ongoing improvement activities with all stakeholders in the industry.
- Collaborate with the departments in evaluating, identifying, selecting, and implementing needed information technologies that support the IT strategies and business plans.
- Make sure the department stick to procedures and policies that are compliant with regulatory policies and the industry.
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets for services related interfaces, IT systems, and applications
- Be conversant with new developments and predicts the future direction in the area of Power industry application integration.
- Possess strong knowledge of technology and its application in achieving business objectives
- Support frequent troubleshooting and maintenance of applications.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to lead complex and massive IT projects, understanding of goals and the inter-relations between functional departments and groups in addressing the needs of the entire business
- Ability to support business application and development.
- Ability to work with MS SQL Database, scripting, Linux/Unix systems, maintain technical data reports, and basic network configurations.
- Being able to manage confrontation in the appropriate manner, cordiality, professionalism, and firmness, and resolve/manage workplace disputes appropriately
- Possess high self-motivation, direction, and change-oriented
- Brilliant oral, written, presentation, instructional, and interpersonal skills aimed at positive attitude and motivation
- Conversant with latest technologies, maintain and be up to date with new changes and development
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in managing IT programs and planning which includes budgeting, delivery development, and resource management.
Educational Qualification and Work Experience
The candidate is required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science, or any other related field, or a matching combination of education and cognate work experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to complete their application online
Application Deadline/Closing Date